While pain au chocolat is traditionally made with croissant dough, this chocolate brioche is dough filled with dark chocolate and chopped hazelnuts, then shaped into any kind of shape that strikes your fancy. The dark chocolate marries well with the golden tenderness of the brioche.
- 440g all-purpose flour (4 cups)
- 5oz water (just under 2/3 cup)
- 5oz whole milk (just under 2/3 cup)
- 2oz sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1.5oz unsalted butter (3 tbsp)
- 0.5oz instant yeast (1 tbsp)
- 0.25oz salt (1 1/2 tsp)
- If time is an issue, use ready-made pastry dough, which is similar in texture, and skip Steps 1-11.
- 55g flour (1/2 cup) for rolling
- 10oz unsalted butter (1 1/4 cups) for the butter layer (refrigerated, not softened)
- 200g / 7oz dark chocolate for the filling
- 1 egg for the egg wash
- 4 ml water (1 tsp) for the egg wash
InstructionSee full instructions on : www.wikihow.com