Following the sugar addiction story on Carte Blanche last night we have been inundated with requests for help, guidance and support.
On presenter Devi Sankaree Govender‘s Carte Blanche blog post entitled ‘Just a spoonful?’, she states:
Sugar addiction is real. And, what makes it so dangerous is the fact that it’s socially acceptable.
Many of you resonated with Boni and Michelle’s personal stories, so much so that the hashtag #sugar was the no. 3 trending topic on twitter last night following the show.
We are not trying to say that everyone who eats sugar is an addict but there are some of us who cannot stop once we start.
Do you have a problem with sugar?
You or a loved one may be carbohydrate addicted if meeting the following criteria:
- Eat starchy or sweet, fatty foods until uncomfortably full
- Eat large amounts of sweet or stodgy foods even when not physically hungry
- Feel self-loathing disgust or depressed about your eating habits
- Turn to carbohydrate-rich foods when feeling down
- Find you need more and more sweet foods to keep feeling better
- Plan to eat small portions but wind up binge eating
- Find it difficult to cut back on starchy or sweet fatty foods
- Feel that your eating habits are impacting negatively on your social, work or physical life
- Cannot Stick to healthy eating resolutions
- Suffer glucose sensitivity or are at high risk for heart disease
- Have a strong personal of family history of diabetes or heart disease
If you answered to yes to three or more of these you may very well have a problem.
We can help you in the following ways:
Join our 21-day inpatient program at The Harmony Addictions Clinic in Hout Bay, Cape Town. The HELP: Harmony Eating & Lifestyle Program is the first inpatient program in the world to treat sugar and carbohydrates as an addiction following a Low Carb High Fat nutritional approach. The HELP program assists individuals in identifying the underlying emotional and psychological issues related to obesity, weight gain and food addiction within a safe and supportive environment. The HELP program is run by qualified medical professionals with the team consisting of a Registered Dietician, Psychiatrist, Medical Doctor, 24 hour psychiatric nursing team, Clinical Psychologists and holistic team.
Sugar Free: 8 weeks to Freedom from Sugar & Carb Addiction
My book Sugar Free is packed with scientific research and nutritional advice to help you understand sugar and carb addiction, and has dietician-approved weekly meal plans and recipes, including options for vegetarians, along with journal exercises, to help you break the mental, physical and emotional traps of old eating patterns.
Join me on an eight week journey to restore yourself in body, mind, spirit and emotions.
Weekly meal plans and recipes. INCLUDES VEGETARIAN MEAL PLANS.
Also available from Exclusive books, Amazon, Readers Warehouse, Bargain Books and Leisure Books.
The Sugar Free Revolution September Sugar Free Challenge private online forum
The Sugar Free Revolution team offer a private online forum to provide support and guidance in beating your sugar addiction. Have access to weekly emails, monthly webinars and group support.
Also sign up to my blog or join us on Facebook to stay updated.
Sending love to you all,